Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Legacy & South Pointe: October 18-24

Hi everyone!

Oh my goodness, I am so glad to be back in the Nevada Las Vegas Mission! I honestly believe that this is the best mission in the world! You might say that that's what every missionary says about their mission, but my time in Oregon helped me learn how much I love it here! I love it there too of course, but I am so glad to be back in my mission!

The day before I left Warrenton, we got out of the car to visit someone and saw two turkeys across the street in someone's front yard. We were like, "oh cool, turkeys." and just went on to the house across the street. The turkeys started following us, but we thought they wouldn't bother us because there was a massive ditch between the yard and the road, but sure enough they went into the ditch and a few seconds later saw their heads pop up as they came towards us. We got pretty worried, since all we could think of was how vicious swans and geese could attack and imagined turkeys were about the same. Luckily we made it back to our car safely! 

Since I've been back we've seen so many miracles happen! We have talked to so many people here--it was one after the other! Right after we finished teaching someone, we would find another person to teach! 

Also, I just thought I'd mention that we will be on bikes in my area! I am so glad to be on bikes! I didn't get mine until Saturday, so we spent a little time biking around. I'm glad the weather is so nice now!

We also have a mission tour on Thursday with a member of the Seventy, but I don't know who it is yet. I'm really looking forward to it!

We felt prompted to knock on a door and found an awesome guy named Derrick! He told us that he just started going back to a Presbyterian church a few months ago because he just found out that his sister has cancer. We had an awesome lesson with him and he's planning to come to church! 

While we were biking we found a really nice guy named Ronnie who talked our ears off and then we talked with an atheist named Bob who told us everything about all the renters in the neighborhood we were in, but all of that helped us have the perfect timing to meet a guy named Zach! We saw him sitting down on the curb outside of his house and he told us he used to be a Mormon. He's married to someone named Kayla and has a 10 month old daughter named Quinn and he wants to come back to church! He also said Kayla wants to learn more about the gospel, so we'll get to go over and teach them all!

I also found out that both Adrian and Brianna were baptized last transfer!!!

Sorry I don't have much time today, but I hope you all have a great week! 
Love, 
Sister Bedont 

No comments:

Post a Comment