Friday, December 23, 2016

Inspirada & Madeira Canyon: January 26 - February 1

Hi everyone!


This week has been crazy and wonderful! Sister Sandoval and I are both getting transferred out. We are both going to the same zone but won't be companions. She is going to serve in Boulder City and I'm going to a YSA ward that covers four stakes! It will be quite the adjustment. I'm excited for it, though! I never realized until yesterday how much I love the people in my area. I'm going to miss them so much!


Tracy is so sweet and is one of the most elect people I've ever met! She came to church on Sunday and is completely taken care of by her ward. She is progressing faster than anyone I've ever seen before because she  thirsts and hungers for the word of God. She absorbs everything we teach!


Marty is doing well. I don't know if I've mentioned him before--we knocked on his door at 8:30 at night and he opened and said it was late for us to be out and then we started teaching him! He's from New York and has the accent to prove it. Marty is hilarious and I've loved teaching him! He's stubborn sometimes and warns us when he thinks we're too pushy, but I know we've made a difference in his life. He's hilarious! I didn't get to take a picture with him, though.


We saw Steve one last time with Brother H! Things have changed a lot in his life- Stephanie moved out, he's about to move, et cetera. He will come around eventually! I didn't get a picture with him either. Next time we'll get one!


Geoff (one of the previous sisters' investigators) is progressing slowly and will eventually get there! His ward takes good care of him too.


We're teaching someone named Fulida and during one of our lessons with her, I invited her to be baptized on March 19 and I told her we prayed about that date the night before when we were planning. She accepted! I thought Sister Sandoval and I prayed about and agreed on that date for her the night before and I wrote it in my planner, but what I actually wrote was Mos 18 because we wanted her to read Mosiah chapter 18 after we left! When I glanced at my planner right before the lesson, I misread it. Sister Sandoval told me she was really confused after I invited Fulida to be baptized because she knew we didn't pray about it but she could still feel the Spirit even though she thought I had lied! It was totally meant to happen though, and I know God works in mysterious ways! He has a good time with it too. :)


We found an AWESOME new investigator last night! She is so amazing! Her name is Randi and she has 4 kids from 7 to 2. We always find the best investigators at 8:45 at night right before we have to go home. I guess we have to prove to Heavenly Father that we're going to work hard all the time to find these amazing people! We taught her a little about the Book of Mormon and she's excited to read it! She told us her relationship with God has been weakened recently because she hasn't been praying often. She knew we were sent to her for a reason! We told her about how we plan the night before for where Heavenly Father needs us to be each hour and how we decided to come talk to her. I'm so excited the next sisters in this area get to teach her!


This area has definitely been a growth zone for me. I've really enjoyed finding the humble amongst the proud and wealthy! No matter where we are, there are people who are ready to hear the gospel and just need an invitation.


I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Bedont

No comments:

Post a Comment